Jun 13, 2012

Sea to Summit SilNylon Nano Drybag


6/13/12 Update: I did a three day, 35mile AT hike using my new Ultra-sil Nano sleeping bag stuff sack.  Worked great!  It is very thin however, so I wouldn't want to stuff anything that isn't soft.  I'm happy with it, but don't know the long term ruggedness of it. We will see.  Will do an 80 mile hike in August which will give it a better test.

I was using a standard 20L Sea to Summit Silnylon Drybag for stuffing my REI Halo 25 down sleeping bag and Cocoon silk liner.   The sack was way to big.  Mice got into my bear bag, so I'm using the 20L for my bear bag and ordered a 13L Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Nano Dry Sack for my sleeping bag.  www.seatosummit.com/products/display/170  This new sack is  1.0oz vs. 1.4oz for the standard Ultra-Sil Dry Sack.  Most of the weight is lost the the rolltop band and buckle.  A really nice looking sack!  I think the 13 liter will make my bag be longer and narrower which will fit my backpack better.

I use a Cocoon slik liner since I sleep in a tarp with no screens.  The silk allows me to lay outside my sleeping bag without worrying about bugs.  Also keeps my sleeping bag clean... to state of obvious.
http://www.rei.com/product/708744/cocoon-silk-mummy-liner

No comments: